Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Simple Scarf Pattern



About the scarf:

This scarf was my second knitting project ever. I had only bought 1 pair of size 7 needles and a pound of yarn for cheap. So with that I started experimenting with what different things I can do with just 1 pair of needles.
I made it years ago and I don't remember the exact pattern, but I think this is what I did:


My Simple Scarf pattern:
- use size 7 needles -
Cast on 34 stitches (or however skinny/wide you would like your scarf)
row 1: *KW* (There will appear to be twice the number of stitches on the needle across this row)
row 2: *K1, and drop the next stitch from the left needle as you do so*
row 3 & 4: *K1* to end of row

Repeat rows 1-4 until desired length.
Bind off and attach tassels.
there are many ways to attach tassels. I learned by just trying out different things and seeing what worked for me. If you're really lost, try searching for video clips on youtube.com or this site may help.

Abbreviations for this pattern:
K1 = knit one stitch
KW = wrap yarn twice around needle (as done when doing a yarn over) and pull the double loop through as you knit the stitch.


ENJOY and let me know if you have any questions.
If you tried this pattern, please come back and let me know how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment