Saturday, January 10, 2009

About My Blog

I'm a full time pharmacy student with 2 part-time jobs, so I don't know how often I'll actually be blogging. But, I decided to start this blog to share some of my knitting work with... whoever stumbles upon this blog. I always enjoyed looking at others' creative work and loved when people shared their patterns & tips.

So I'm going to give this a shot and hopefully my blog will help someone out there!

I started knitting in Winter '06. Through youtube and other miscellaneous sites, I learned the basics. After winter break ended, I tucked knitting away and did not revisit it until this winter. I got a bunionectomy and couldn't do much because of my crutches so all I did was knit nonstop. I love learning new stitches and working on new projects :). That's it about me, on to knitting...

To start off, here are some of my favorite knitting help links:
  • knitting glossary - this is a very helpful glossary that even includes videos you can view! If you're just starting to knit and are confused with abbreviations, this is very very useful.
  • free pattern directory - this is a site full of a collection of different patters from scarves to hats and other sorts of great knits!
  • knitting stitches - shows many different types of stitches/patterns. very helpful when you want to make your own pattern.

I'm still a novice knitter, but hopefully I'll have time to learn more! Feel free to leave tips :) and follow along on my knitting journey.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your page when searching for a slouchy hat for my sister. I was knitting an infinity scarf for myself & she said she wanted one & a hat to go with it!! LOL!
    I thought I was the only one who learned how to knit through youtube!! I learned about late 2008! Totally awesome that I'm not the only one who admits it! LOL Thanks for all the wonderful patterns!! Hope to see more from you, soon!

    ReplyDelete